Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday

The documentary. More Self-Portrait Tuesday info here.

Mornings are his best time. He is so snuggly and an all around love, my love bug. All smiles and contentment. He's my little space worm (and longer than I thought). Mornings are too short lived because I have to work and he has to go to daycare.




Do not all office floors have a giant stuffed horse and an exersaucer? My office is a cluttered cave. The blinds are closed to reduce glare on my screen, and also, because milk duty renders me topless for a good part of the day.
My desk is no less messy than it was last week. It's chaos and I don't like to work in these conditions, but I don't have the energy or gumption to clean it at present, nor do I have sufficient office space for the overflow. It's depressing, this cave.
It seems there is no respite from bottle washing.








While washing bottles, I see my lawn of dandelions and thistles beyond the kitchen window. Depressing. But the leaves cheer me up. I love leaves. And fall.





The coffee has made me somewhat loopy today. Perhaps it's the drum of my head with the sinus congestion. Caffeine normally doesn't faze (?) me. My coffee cup is less than perfect. I like bone china but have yet to find the perfect blend of size, shape, color, feel, and volume. This cup has the perfect volume, but nothing else.

Maybe some nice herbal orange tea will help. Lots of it.
I've been craving toast with butter and Marmite. So salty and satisfying. I will be glad when the coughing, congestion, and misery is over. Until then, comfort foods like this are most welcome. Who am I kidding? They're welcome all the time.
I am distracted by a ray of sunshine. It lifts my spirits tremendously, and I yearn to be outside in the fresh fall air, cool and crisp. My favorite.


Beyond the blinds there is bamboo, falling leaves, damp grass, and fresh air.





Yes, beyond the blinds there is sunshine and fresh air. But I am stuck within.








One of the conveniences of working from home. Still in my jammies. The other half took the space worm to daycare today, so I haven't even gotten dressed yet.
Bed head. It's what I like best about this haircut. It looks the same fresh out of bed as it does when it's freshly 'done'. Working from home, I don't bother with makeup, hygiene, and wardrobe as much as I should.

The thing is, the days tend toward depressing, and I know that I would feel better if I did actually take a shower, get dressed, put on makeup, and fluff up my hair. I'm still stuck in the cave, but it would help.

8 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

you are cute!
cute I TELL YOU!

I used to leave my boys in there jammies a little too long in the mornings...just so we could have an extra long snuggle.
There is nothing like a tiny one, still warm from bed, still kind of sleepy, to snuggle with.

I forgot what that felt like until I saw this post.

4:14 PM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger blackbird said...

THEIR JAMMIES.
THEIR!!!

4:15 PM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger dani said...

i really love your series. you have shared so much with us. thank you!

1:32 AM, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Suse said...

I really like that final shot of you, eye bags and all. You're gorgeous even when you're tending towards the depressed.

Chin up my friend. Keep working on those escape plans. And remember to shower.

6:24 AM, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Susie Sunshine said...

If you threw some lipstick on, you'd have the just-had-fake-movie-sex-appealingly-rumpled look going on.
(I use lipstick instead of showers a lot. It works.)

And you are damn cute.

1:06 PM, October 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boys in jammies all day is ok....

3:59 AM, January 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zniknhBoys in jammies all day ok...If your not going any where why not..It saves energy keeps them comfy ...My boys sometimes will stay in jammies all weekend..

2:42 AM, May 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boys in jammies ok... At home comfy & safe why not... It saves laundry, the boys are usually ok with it, why not..My boys will sometimes come home from school on a friday have an afternoon bath and then its jammies all weekend..They kinda of camp out in the livingroom..Sometimes they will have a friend over for a chill out jammy weekend...

5:51 AM, May 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home