Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday

October Challenge - Self documentary series

A new challenge for Self Portrait Tuesday. The self documentary. My first is blue, parce que je suis malade.

The better part of my life is spent at my desk, which is littered with a cacophany of papers, post-it notes, lists, pens, medicine bottles, two computers, a mouse, a mousepad, a coaster, coffee cup, cell phones and their accompanying power cords, camera interface cable and power cord, a calculator, mail, notepads, reports, receipts, coupons, various and sundry other objects, and, buried somewhere beneath it all, a large desk calendar. That is just the desk surface. Beneath the desk is a jumble of electric cords, a kicked off pair of shoes that I will have trouble finding later, the ever-present Lactina to which I am attached by two long plastic tubes. Pan upper right, where the chaos encroaches other parts of my home. The Sunday paper on the entry floor, still in its wrapper. A floor littered with toys, diaper bags, baby paraphernalia. Lower right. Me. Aching head. Aching body. Raw throat. Disgusting wretched phlegm clinging to my bronchi. Burning cough deep in my chest. Misery.

*Revision Note: I can usually spell reasonably well in English. Any other language is hit or miss. Thanks Suse!

2 Comments:

Blogger Suse said...

Brilliant. Sad, but brilliant.

Oh ... and it's 'parce que'.

(sorry)

5:22 AM, October 04, 2005  
Blogger Diz Rivera said...

Tres cool.

9:49 AM, October 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home