Friday, September 30, 2005

Junk mail

I'm so tired of junk mail. I wouldn't care so much if the whole identity fraud thing hadn't reared its ugly head in this generation. Why is it some people's nature to try to get something for nothing, or to find fortune at someone else's expense? Today I received a platinum equity card with the promise of bazillions of dollars. The card enclosed looks like a credit card. It's plastic, has my name and a number stamped on it, and an 800 number to call for activation. I cut it up, but this looks dangerous to me, should it fall into the wrong hands. How easy would it be? It's sickening. I get these almost every day.

[Rambling, possibly or probably selfish and very lengthy whine deleted, but off the chest now, after an hour of writing. Phew.] Suffice it to say that I just think people need to understand there are consequences for choices made in life, and they should be responsible for those consequences, whether they're seven or seventy. [The selfish part: it shouldn't be my burden, to shoulder the damage control. Like that guy on Survivor said, Sometimes you just have to man up. I man up (when needed).]

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Hey Sueeeus - where have you gone? I've missed reading your always humorous postings.

3:55 AM, October 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home