Monday, October 10, 2005

A bag for the boy

I made a new sleeping bag for the boy. I made the sleeve and body pattern from one of his sweatshirts, and I made the bottom fold up and over so that it's like a pillow case. No zippers, buttons, snaps or anything. I made it super long because when we used sleeping bags like these before, when he was new, he hated to have his legs bound. We shall see if this works for him.

Being lazy, and not wanting to do any hemming, I zigzagged over a piece of ribbon for a decorative edge, then snipped the raw edge to make a fringe. All said and done, it took just under an hour to make, start to finish.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suse said...

Clever Clogs!

It looks nice and cosy. Well done.

5:45 AM, October 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home