Friday, November 11, 2005

Show and Tell, Part II

But wait! There's more! Okay, so the drinking receptacle also depends upon the particular beverage. If we're talking about green tea, for instance, then this is my favorite cup. I found a pair at a thrift store years ago, and last week or the week before (everything happened last week, and the week before) I was emptying the dishwasher and dropped something on one of them and cracked it. WOE IS ME.

What pleases me about this cup, you might wonder? Well. I'll tell you. First, its shape. It is somewhat square (like me) and somewhat round (like me) and somewhat stout (like me). Next, it's design. It is somewhat Asian (like me). And somewhat delicate (like me), yet somewhat rustic (like me). And, prior to the slippery dishwasher emptying incident, it was somewhat sturdy (like me).

Now it is somewhat broken (like me).

2 Comments:

Blogger Suse said...

It is perfect.

Just like you.

6:52 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger blackbird said...

and gorgeous...just like you.

and I'll bet if it sat down to type because it grew fingers it would spill out wonderful poetry.

think I am going too far?

3:44 AM, November 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home