Tuesday, September 27, 2005

TV Addictions

I'm addicted to TV. I admit it. There have been times in my life when I've gone without TV for months and even years. But in the last several years, I've grown to use TV as my relaxing agent. I don't drink (okay, the occasional glass of wine - I've had about 3 glasses in the last 17 months), I don't do drugs (except lots of ibuprofen). I do TV. Right now I'm particularly fond of House, starring Hugh Laurie as a sarcastic genius of a doctor - diagnostics are his thing. I am vastly entertained by this role. I love the sense of humor, the dialog, the intellect. All of it. He cracks me up. He tortures his student doctors. Especially the young rich one. Love it!
The other main addiction is Prison Break, starring the beautiful Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell, both very delicious. More of that steely blue eyes/green eyes thing, and of course the dark hair and receding hairlines. WM is Michael Scofield, a very smart engineer (I'm partial to engineers, especially when they look like that) who has a master plan to break his brother Lincoln Burrows (Dominic) out of prison. First he has to get himself sent to prison, the same prison, where LB is sentenced to death in a few short weeks. Who can resist pretty boys, smart boys, and bad boys. What a combo.

The good thing for me is that the cool cat likes these shows too, because they have plenty of action, and of course the female constituent is well-represented with good specimens.


One more show I get a kick out of is Boston Legal. I don't find any of the actors attractive, but James Spader is hilarious. And William Shatner plays a buffoon, which I also find quite funny, in a pathetic and ridiculous way. The role James Spader plays has a very sarcastic and off-the-wall wit, which I enjoy.

Disclaimer. From the paranoid. None of these photos are used with permission. I googled them and don't remember where I found them. I might have kept the same name, but might not have. I don't remember. I acted before I thought. I hope it's okay. It's all positive advertising, at any rate. Will try to stick to my own photos from here on out. Or take a little time to show where they came from. I don't recall seeing any copyright info anywhere though. But I wasn't really looking. Fox and ABC are probably the rightful owners. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suse said...

Ooooh, Hugh Laurie, but a few years ago. Be still my beating heart.

Did you ever see him wrinkle-free and fresh-faced in Blackadder, or A Little Bit of Fry and Laurie? So terribly English and blonde and angular.

Nigel Havers is another one ... oooh, have to go now, am getting all hot and bothered.

9:41 PM, September 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home