Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday

Finally, the last of the self-documentary October challenge. Things are looking up. It has been a good week, and it is a good day. On the health front, I'm no longer sick. It's a wonder that these nostrils can supply me with enough oxygen, even on the best of days. Oh. Wait. That's right. They don't. Which is partly why I'm seldom effervescing with energy. That and the general sleep deprivation for the last year or so. I also find that I'm much less symmetrical than I'd imagined.
I have a halo. My holiness, a solid white line, is one and a half inches from my scalp. It has been a very long time since anything but Clairol's Greybusters has been used in achieving the luscious brown locks of my youth.
I've discovered the surface of my desk. There is less chaos in the world. I am feeling at peace with the universe.
I am now officially a minivan mom.
I am taking great pleasure in the beauty of my dashboard. Who knew that such pleasure could be derived from a cluster of glowing blue instruments.
I had reservations. I've always considered myself the conservative luxury sedan type, or the sporty upscale utility type (given the funds and the preference). I never would have guessed that I'd feel such delight behind the wheel of a minivan. Comfort. Visibility. Smooth turning radius. A cocoon of airbags. Respectable gas mileage. There is, however, the sticker shock to contend with. But I will find a way. Right now I am too tickled, too delighted, in all the deeeeeeeeluxe features I allowed myself. DEEEEEEELUXE!!! It's a thrilling thing, to be able to revel in the luxury of a new ride. It happens so infrequently in a lifetime (in my lifetime, anyway). Yes, I am very pleased today. And I've done my part to keep the economy going. Such a fine citizen I am, indeed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suse said...

Oh god I want a new car. And it's really sad that the car I want is a minivan.

So sad.

(And we call them 'people movers' here).

4:37 PM, October 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home