Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A modicum of success

For the first time in my life I've managed to coax an African violet to bloom. Until now, I've not even been able to keep one alive. I attribute the success to a few things.
Most importantly, the violets are in a special two-piece pot that is intended specifically for violets (helps prevent root rot, I think).
The pot is critical in allowing the violets to survive under my care, however, blooms did not occur until I added vitamins to the water. To perk up the watering experience, I purchased this colorful pitcher on clearance for only $3.

While I was at it, I found these delightful stained glass bird suncatchers, so I bought three of them and strung them with floral wire to make a mobile. My kitchen window is happy to have them there.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home