Friday, July 22, 2005

Shades of Summer

The lonely peach. Last year we had so many peaches that the branches broke from the tree. It was very sad. I'm surprised that there are any peaches at all this year.
The apricot tree suffered a similar woe, and there are no apricots this year. There were hundreds and hundreds last year, but not a one this year. The tree has to get its oomph back. We have plums though! Two kinds!
I love bamboo. I have four kinds. I love the sound the leaves make when there's a little breeze. They rustle so peacefully.


I have a box of lavender. See the bee?! It's a bedraggled box of lavender, but I love it just the same.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suse said...

Hey Sueeeus, I'm enjoying watching your garden and your blog grow. Love the new look, blue text, etc. Nice to see summer photos too ... today it is freezing, grey, windy, and I'm wearing two woolly jumpers. Reminds me of that joke, what do you get when you cross a sheep and a kangaroo? A woolly jumper.

Our tamarillo tree did the same thing. First year harvest: 9. Second year harvest 399. Branches broke under the weight, tree split in half. We propped it up with ladders and rope and the fruit continued to ripen. After harvesting, pruned the tree to the ground. Third year harvest: zero as tree re-grows into a multi-trunked healthy tree. Fourth year harvest (this year): 100!

2:39 AM, July 23, 2005  
Blogger sueeeus said...

You're an inspiration! I'm having fun with the blog. Thanks for turning me on to it. :)

I'm contemplating a massive pruning this year, as the trees were not pruned properly from the beginning and the branch formations are all awry. I'm hoping not to kill anything. I meant to properly prune last year after the disaster, but never got around to it.

6:11 AM, July 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home