Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday - Take II

This one's not as gross as the sore throat. I took this last week, but decided to post the madonna painting instead.This is a reflection in my wedding photo. My beautiful niece C and her sweet brother M, fatherless now. I was thrilled that they came to my wedding. At this time in my life, at this age, I decided I no longer wanted the pomp and circumstance of a big to-do, and decided to run off to Vegas for a quick and quiet ceremony (which is the absolute last thing I'd ever have wanted to do, at any other time in my life). Only a handful of people attended, but those who did were my closest friends and family, and it couldn't have been a better celebration.

2 Comments:

Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Wonderful!

I'm with you on the quiet ceremony thing. My husband and I tied the knot a year and a half ago among very close friends and family. A decade ago, I'd have wanted a huge party...

3:23 PM, December 29, 2005  
Blogger Yasmin said...

I got married in Vegas too! We ran away and had just the two of us on Christmas Eve last year. I am so glad we did it 'our' way - it was so personal

3:26 PM, January 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home