Thursday, December 22, 2005

Gifts from afar

Today, a sweet surprise. A package has arrived from a far away place. From a sweet pea of a person.
I am delighted. Without even opening it, I am delighted. How kind, how sweet, what a wonderful friend, I think to myself.
And then. I open it. It is exquisite. It is divine. It is beautiful. It is extravagant. It is gorgeous. It is oh, so fine. And the color. My favorite shade of red. It is perfect. Absolutely perfect. And I think, oh Suse, you shouldn't have! But I'm so glad you did! It is fabulous!
See? Fabulous! Thank you so very much, my friend. (And just today she was saying that "every girl needs a little Audrey in her life." This is so very Audrey, don't you think?)

I am tickled pink the most gorgeous shade of red! Thank you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Suse said...

I am so relieved it arrived. I was getting anxious.

And of course it had to be red! I'm glad you like it, my friend.

It feels sooo lovely, seeing it there in your home!

3:04 PM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger blackbird said...

ooooh, I may be just a little jealous.

4:18 PM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger Yasmin said...

A little bit of red for when you feel you a having a 'mean red' (not blue)kind of day - how lovely!

5:27 PM, December 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home