Thursday, February 09, 2006

Show and Tell - favorite lamp

Show and Tell, a fun diversion brought to Blogworld compliments of Blackbird.
I'm partial to Tiffany lamps. I love them! My sister gave me this one. Such an extravagant gift. I love it love it love it! My great grandfather made the little oak table upon which it rests.
This is a much less expensive dragonfly lamp. It's a torchiere. There used to be a pair, but there was a little mishap not too long ago.

I even have more Tiffany lamps! Well, just a couple, hanging from the living room ceiling. A purposefully unmatched pair. This particular one did much to help my baby through his colic. For some reason, he loved to stare at it and it calmed him down. The other (no pic) is also a pendant, and much less busy, but in the same color scheme.

There is much color at Chez Piggy.

5 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

Oh! I know when I read about that lamp going over, I thought -- oooooh one less to show and tell.
Beautiful lamps...and I love grandpa's table.

8:15 AM, February 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool lamps! Wow! Your lamps are really pretty!

8:27 AM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

beyoot-gorgeous!! I love anything with stained glass, but Tiffany lamps are especially wonderful.

6:03 AM, February 10, 2006  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

like your lamps, LOVE the table.

5:42 PM, February 10, 2006  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I love Tiffany-style lamps too. I have several. That table your grandfather made is to die for!

2:45 PM, March 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home