Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday

Self Portrait Tuesday - Personal History III

Forty years ago, or thereabouts, my parents dressed me in traditional Korean garments in celebration of my first birthday and my mixed heritage. Every brother and sister has a similar photo commemorating their first birthday. The girl's dress has been worn three times. The boy's garment had been worn six times, between 1963 and 1982, until last week, when my beautiful boy turned one. I waxed nostalgic and dressed my blonde haired blue eyed quarter Korean beauty in the traditional garb for his first birthday picture.

2 Comments:

Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Oh, you look adorable!

5:32 PM, January 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love family traditions!!

4:03 AM, January 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home