Friday, July 29, 2005

Friday Show and Tell

...and Blackbird says... Show us your front porch.

Alas, my front porch is not so pretty. Not so inviting (but it doesn't seem to deter the friendly Mormon missionary boys and the nice Jehovah's Witness ladies, who all keep returning, again and again...)








On my front porch is an assortment of withering plants and a few empty pots (whose contents have recently met their demise and been sent to the afterlife -- compost heaven).

Note to self. Must water plants.






There is one thing of beauty, however. This glorious green! Such a lovely coleus. Something is nibbling away at it though.





I live in suburbia where nobody knows their neighbors and nobody uses their front porch. People enter and exit their homes via the garage door, so there is little chance of interaction and things on the front porch can easily be forgotten. A level 2 sex offender just moved in a few houses down anyway, so we're even less inclined towards being sociable. Directly across the street from a grade school. How does this happen?

All said, I am thankful that I have a front porch.

2 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

hey Mrs. Squished!
why don't you tell a girl when you participate in a show and tell!?

That's a very nice front porch...sheesh.

5:12 AM, August 09, 2005  
Blogger sueeeus said...

Sorry, I'm new. I barely know what I'm doing. :|

6:28 AM, August 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home